June 8, 2023
View the full text of Jack Smith’s June 8, 2023, federal criminal indictment of Donald J. Trump and Waltine Nauta in the online reader below or view it in a larger format by clicking on the link “Trump Indictment (6.8.23).” Clicking the “Download” button allows the full text of the document to be downloaded to your device. You can also share this post on Twitter and Facebook.
The 44-page indictment filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida alleges that Trump “endeavored to obstruct the FBI and grand jury investigations and conceal retention of classified documents.” The indictment names Walt Nauta, an aide to Trump who served as a White House valet, as a co-conspirator.
The indictment lists 37 counts in all against Trump:
- 31 counts of willful retention of classified documents
- 1 count of conspiracy to obstruct justice
- 1 count of withholding a document or record
- 1 count of corruptly concealing a document or record
- 1 count of concealing a document in a federal investigation
- 1 count of scheme to conceal
- and one count of making false statements and representations.
Trump was summoned to appear in federal district court in Miami on Tuesday for an arraignment.
Democracy4All is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan collective working to expand, reform, and protect American democracy through charitable and educational means. You can support our work through PayPal.
- Donations to Democracy4All using PayPal are tax deductible and can be made through PayPal using this link: PayPal.Me/Democracy4All.
Thank you for your support!
Contact jlolmsted@Democracy4All with questions