September 21, 2022
Read the full text of the opinion of the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals granting the DOJ’s motion to allow the DOJ to continue its criminal investigation of presidential documents illegally held at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence. As the DOJ filed its motion on September 16, 2022, the September 21, 2022, opinion in favor of the DOJ came remarkably quickly (and despite the fact that several of the judges involved in the opinion were appointed by Donald Trump). In granting the DOJ’s motion, the Court of Appeals stayed the injunction on the DOJ’s use of seized classified documents imposed by the now much maligned Trump appointed Federal District Court Judge Aileen Cannon. As the following quote from the opinion illustrates, the Court of Appeals was singularly unimpressed with the arguments opposing the DOJ motion presented by Donald Trump’s legal counsel:
“Plaintiff [Donald Trump] has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents. Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents. And even if he had, that, in and of itself, would not explain why Plaintiff has an individual interest in the classified documents.”
The opinion can be viewed in the online reader below or viewed in a larger format by clicking on the link “Court of Appeals Grants DOJ Motion.” Clicking the “Download” button allows the full text of the document to be downloaded to your device. You can also share this post on Twitter and Facebook.
Democracy4All is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan collective working to expand, reform, and protect American democracy through charitable and educational means. You can support our work through PayPal or AmazonSmile (AmazonSmile gives you all AmazonPrime benefits).
- Donations to Democracy4All using PayPal are tax deductible and can be made through PayPal using this link: PayPal.Me/Democracy4All.
- Democracy4All is also registered with Amazon Prime as a nonprofit charity. By following these steps you can switch your Amazon Prime Account to Amazon Prime Smile. Once you do this, Amazon will make a donation to Democracy4All every time you make a purchase. You don’t have to pay a thing! Amazon does it for you! Here’s how:
- Visit smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com.
- Select Democracy4All (it is already registered with AmazonSmile).
- Start shopping and check out at smile.amazon.com.
- Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
Thank you for your support!