August 31, 2022
Read Trump’s weakly reasoned reply to the DOJ response to Trump’s request for a special master to review the documents seized by the FBI from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence where Trump had illegally transported and held them.
Legal analysts reviewing the reply were unified that in their opinions that the reply was poorly drafted, poorly filed and represented “gibberish,” “gobbledygook,” and similarly derogatory characterizations. The Guardian had this to say:
“On Tuesday night, the government filed its 36-page opposition to the ex-reality-show host’s demand that a special master be appointed. (A special master is an independent mediator appointed to go through documents and determine which may be protected by privilege.)
Trump’s gambit backfired, however. Once again, he looks like a liar. Beyond that, his lawyers became his lackeys. Christina Bobb meet William Barr.
In early June, Trump and Bobb, Trump’s attorney and a former marine, delivered to the government a packet of documents in a sealed folder. A certificate signed by Bobb attested to the fact that ‘any and all responsive documents accompany this certification’.
Apparently not. Instead, the government subsequently ‘developed evidence’ that ‘efforts were likely taken to obstruct the government’s investigation’. Who was involved in the conspiracy is an unanswered question.”
The reply, entitled “Movant’s Reply To United States Response To Motion For Judicial Oversight And Additional Relief,” can be viewed in the online reader below or viewed in a larger format by clicking on the link “Trump Reply To DOJ Response To Special Master Request” below the online reader. Clicking the “Download” button allows the full text of the document to be downloaded to your device. You can also share this post on Twitter and Facebook.
Democracy4All is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan collective working to expand, reform, and protect American democracy through charitable and educational means. You can support our work through PayPal or AmazonSmile (AmazonSmile gives you all AmazonPrime benefits).
- Donations to Democracy4All using PayPal are tax deductible and can be made through PayPal using this link: PayPal.Me/Democracy4All.
- Democracy4All is also registered with Amazon Prime as a nonprofit charity. By following these steps you can switch your Amazon Prime Account to Amazon Prime Smile. Once you do this, Amazon will make a donation to Democracy4All every time you make a purchase. You don’t have to pay a thing! Amazon does it for you! Here’s how:
- Visit smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com.
- Select Democracy4All (it is already registered with AmazonSmile).
- Start shopping and check out at smile.amazon.com.
- Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
Thank you for your support!